Monday, May 26, 2008

Kaamatan Traditional Foods Competition...

My mother supposed to join the Kaamatan Traditional Foods Competition on last Saturday, but due to some reasons which make her so busy therefore she couldn't make it. I might as well take over in the competition since the participation form has submitted earlier...*grin*

Ooopppsss... traditional foods??? oh no! I never cook or prepare traditional foods before though... *sigh* modern foods no problem lah hehe...

However, I just try my best to cook and prepare what ever it can just for fun mah right. So I ended up my cooking and preparation of “Hinava” (raw fish sprinkled with lime mix with some condiments – red onion, ginger, big chili and bitter gourd), “Pinasakan Sada” (steam fish in traditional way) and “Napa Taduk” (yam stem mix with salted fish)

And the foods look like these;-


At around 4pm on Saturday, I sent the the foods to the Kaamatan vanue in Kg Mogoputih (at my kids nursery owner's house). And guess what??? I almost bring the foods back home due to all the competitors are Veterans (age between 50 above...I guess) Pheeeww... eventhough our foods are mostly the same but their decoration and creativities even look more traditional though, they used the banana leaves, coconut shell and bamboo to put their foods...that is the traditional originality. How come I never thought of using all those huh...*sigh* Oh well, nevermind at least I have an idea for my next competition......*grin* nahhh, no lah just to have fun of it over the weekends hehe...

Anyway, it's worth just to get a consolation prize.

Kotobian Tadau Tagazo do Kaamatan

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

hmmm hungry, congrats :-)

RozzLeaRozie said...

hehe...pi mogunsamang saja bah ni Lyn...